Most people, who even eat radishes, tend to eat radishes in their raw form only, which is fantastic. I am a big proponent of getting raw vegetables in the diet. However, once you taste radishes in their roasted form you will actually crave them this way…I won’t say you will never go back because I like them both ways and think they taste very different in each form. The great thing about roasting radishes is that they require very little preparation and cooking time so you can easily add them to any quick meal.
1 lb radishes (I like the multicolor ones when you can find them)
2 tsps olive oil
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs like parsley or tarragon
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Trim up the ends of the radishes, rinse them and slice them in half.
- Toss them in a bowl or directly in the baking dish with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Turn them so they are all cut side down.
- Roast for about 12-14 minutes, until fork tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with freshly chopped herbs.